Saturday, November 14th
Session 1 ~ 2:00 pm
Eastern/11:00 am Pacific
After the U.S. Elections: For Normalization! Why We Must End the Blockade on Cuba!
Presentations | Q&A
Welcome and Greetings from:
Gail Walker and Ike Nahem
Cheryl LaBash, National Network on Cuba
Isaac Saney, Canadian Network on Cuba
- José Ramón Cabañas — Cuba’s Ambassador to the United States
- Josefina Vidal — Cuba’s Ambassador to Canada. Lead negotiator in talks with Barack Obama Administration leading to reestablishment of US-Cuba diplomatic relations
- Nikki Ashton — is the New Democratic Party Member of Parliament for the federal electoral district of Churchill—Keewatinook Aski in Manitoba, Canada. She is outspoken advocate against the blockade.
Other prominent speakers to be announced!
Session 2 ~ 7:00 pm
Eastern/4:00 pm Pacific
Alison Bodine, Fire This Time Movement for Social Justice
Pambana Gutto Bassett, Co-Director of the Cuba Program, Solidarity Collective
Saving Lives Campaign — Bringing Cuba’s Example to the U.S. and Canada During the Global Pandemic
- Dr. Samira Addrey - graduate of ELAM and program coordinator for the ELAM scholarship program
- Dr. Andy Coates - Physician in Albany NY on frontline of treating COVID-19 patients
- Alicia Jrapko - Co-chair of the Cuba Nobel Prize Committee
Closing Session: Sunday, November 15th
11:00 AM (PST)
2:00 PM (EST)
7:00 PM UK; 8:00 PM South Africa
Pedro Luis Pedroso Cuesta — Permanent Ambassador of Cuba to the United Nations
Fernando Gonzalez Llort — President of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP); Cuban internationalist fighter in Angola 1987-1989; Cuban Five hero
Defeating 60 Years of the US Economic and Political War Against Cuba: US, Canada, and International Perspectives for Building Solidarity to End the Blockade in 2021
Broadening Cuba solidarity:
- Tamara Hansen — Coordinator, Vancouver Communities in Solidarity With Cuba and Executive member of the Canadian Network on Cuba (CNC)
- Gabriel Prawl — President, International Longshore and Warehouse Union Local 152. Leading organizer of an unprecedented work stoppage of ILWU members up and down the West Coast in solidarity with Black Lives Matter against police murder and brutality.
- Aislinn Pulley — Black Lives Matter, Chicago
- Brenda Lopez — Co-coordinator, Los Angeles, US Hands Off Cuba Committee. Participant, Recent Cubambiente International Conference in Havana.
Let’s Build an Unstoppable Momentum to Defeat the US Blockade of Cuba in 2021!
- This Closing Session will focus on action and expanding international collaboration and movement-building to defeat — once and for all time — the blockade and secure US-Cuba normalization as demanded by the peoples of the world, including clear majorities in the United States. Participate in a dynamic discussion with speakers and special guests from Cuba, the United States, Canada, Quebec, Puerto Rico and internationally.
Participate in a dynamic discussion with speakers and special guests from Cuba, the United States, Canada, Quebec, Puerto Rico and internationally.
Travel to Cuba
- Mayra Alonso - from Marazul Tours
- Juanita Palacios-Sims - Cuban-American, Co-owner, Beyond Cuba Travel
All the sessions will include Q&A and Discussions